Facebook Hires "Head of Gaming"
The appointment of a "Head of Gaming Partnerships", sends out a very loud and clear message that gaming is becoming increasingly important to them. What this will do for real money gaming is still unclear but it certainly is a step in the right direction, as many observers believe that with this appointment Facebook is paving the way to work with yet more development teams, some of which will undoubtedly be on the real money side.
Busy Week for FacebookIt's been a very busy week on the recruitment front for Facebook with no less than twenty positions being filled. The main one being the Head of Gaming, but there were also business development, country management roles and of course yet more developer. Keep your eyes out for more news on this subject!
Social Gaming News
- 888 signs real-money Facebook contract August 11, 2020
- Intertops Casino $120,000 “Free the Turkey” November 6, 2018
- Zynga and Bwin Party Ink a Deal for UK Players February 4, 2018
- Zynga Chops 11 Games in Cost Cuts April 30, 2014
- New Kid on the Block: BIGMAN Entertainment February 23, 2014
- Slots games on Social Networks December 11, 2013
- Morgan Stanley Looking at Social Gambling June 23, 2013
- Facebook is now ready to deal and play in real money gaming June 23, 2013
- Digital Chocolate and Facebook Release Slots! June 20, 2013
- Zynga (maker of Farmville) to Release a Line of Slot Games with Bwin June 20, 2013