888 signs real-money Facebook contract
Fans of 888 casino will be delighted to hear the casino signed a deal with Facebook to provide real-money games. While 888 has had play-for-fun games through Facebook, offering their popular games for real money had yet to happen. Now it can! The COO of 888 confirmed this news with a December 13th press release stating: “Our Facebook freemium offerings have found a significant audience, and we are very excited by the opportunity that real money gaming on Facebook provides.” The press release went on to say that they're teaming up with Facebook to make sure the launch of the real money games goes smoothly. As 888 casino games are available in over 150 countries, it's not going to be long before every corner of the world is enjoying bingo, poker, and online video slots on their mobile devices or Facebook pages.
Schedule of Facebook GamesThe first game 888 is launching is going to be real-money bingo. Their popular Bingo Island app will be changed so that players can play for fun or play for cash prizes. In early 2013, 888 Casino hopes to add online slot games through Facebook, as well as a handful of casino games in a casino app shortly after. The casino app will include real cash video slots. The Facebook version of 888 Poker is slated for later in the year.
Other Casinos Offering Real Money and Play Money Facebook GamesAt this time, 888 games are only available for players from the UK. That's disappointing to players from the United States and hopefully that changes soon. 888 isn't the only game in town when it comes to social gaming. Partygaming recently announced they will be moving some of their popular Zynga games to a real-money format. PokerStars has also announced their working on apps so that their poker games can be played on social platforms. Right now, Zynga's games are available for fun play, including their popular line of bingo games.
About 888 Holdings888 Holdings originated in the British Virgin Islands in 1997. Their first product, Casino-on-Net launched that same year. By 2002, they launched, Reef Club Casino and Pacific Poker, and then a year later earned their gaming license in Gibraltar. Since then, they've continued to expand and bring new games to online players. Today, the company offers bingo, casino games, online poker, and sportsbetting.
Social Gaming News
- Intertops Casino $120,000 “Free the Turkey” November 6, 2018
- Zynga and Bwin Party Ink a Deal for UK Players February 4, 2018
- Zynga Chops 11 Games in Cost Cuts April 30, 2014
- New Kid on the Block: BIGMAN Entertainment February 23, 2014
- Slots games on Social Networks December 11, 2013
- Morgan Stanley Looking at Social Gambling June 23, 2013
- Facebook is now ready to deal and play in real money gaming June 23, 2013
- Digital Chocolate and Facebook Release Slots! June 20, 2013
- Zynga (maker of Farmville) to Release a Line of Slot Games with Bwin June 20, 2013
- Facebook Hires "Head of Gaming" June 20, 2013